Friday, 9 July 2010

Better Be a One Day Hat

Well here is a beanie I knit for Kimberly. The pattern is from ravelry, its called 'Emergency One Day Hat". Well it took me about 6 hours to knit I think, which is pretty quick.

I used circular needles so no need to seam, starting from the bottom, casting on 96 stitches. Could have made a size smaller actually, but it fits ok. When I started the decreases I had to eventually switch to DPNs (double pointed needles). Then it was just a matter of threading the yarn through the last few stitches and pulling it. Weave in the ends and I was done!

Its starts off with a rolled edge, then some rib. Then its just stocking stitch, and a few rows of purl to make the ridges. More stocking stitch then you do the decreases.

It is actually a really cute little hat, as you see my model isn't bad either :)

The yarn is an acrylic/nylon blend, something I don't use often! But the yarn is very soft, and an unusual green colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment